Monday, December 7, 2009

"Merisek" cake

Yesterday was history
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a "gift"
that is why it is called ,present

I quoted these lines from a movie, which I simply couldn't recall what the title was.

my present for my brother for his "merisek" which took place on 5th dec 2009 .


chocolate moist cake layered with ganache and again topped with ganache before being covered with very soft and light pink fondant. I decided to make it just a simple deco, not too flashy nor too heavy on the deco because it was going to be just a small and simple ceremony.


my not so perfect fondant roses:-)








three small pink roses on the sides with pearl like border







Three nights in a row of little sleep ended with these four sets of cake and cupcakes with 150 cupcakes in one night., the night before we left for KL.I had a long list of "To Do" that night: ganache for the cakes and cuppies, another set of chocolate cupcakes, 4 M size cuppies to deco, 16 S size cuppies with fondant deco, 25 S cupcakes for a wedding hantaran set, one fondant 'merisek" cake to deco plus 150 pieces of cupcakes to deco, all these in one night! Alhamdulillah I managed to complete all by morning and by noon we left for KL, to deliver the merisek cake to my brother.
Would I go through this process again? sleepless nights, full of anxiety,drawing on fondant, making fondant roses, making and applying buttercream on cuppies, piping out roses, drop flowers, rosettes, swirls, sprinkled 100s and 1000s,making and pouring ganache on chocolate cakes and cuppies, tying ribbons on cuppies, yup, would I do them again?
yes I would, over and over again,
why?
because i love them, i enjoy doing them, I love seeing the roses beautifully stacked or arranged on the cakes and cuppies, I love seeing the swirls, the mix and match of colours, and I especially like to see the satisfied looks on the faces of the recipients, the smile, the joy, the body language, they make all my effort and my sleepless nights worthwhile.
Thank you for sharing part of your lives with me.

2 comments:

  1. those lines r from Kung Fu Panda...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup, that's right! now I recall!, it was the master turtle, or was he a tortoise? We watched the movie every time it was aired on the Astro channel, I like it just as much as i like 'Mulan".I can memorise almost evry line in that movie. Thanx ever so much. I thot I knew it from somewhere....'kung fu, or no kungfu, noodle or no noodle'....:-)

    ReplyDelete