Thursday, December 10, 2009

fondant roses for Iza

my version of roses on top of a CMC fully covered with fondant. instead of just two colours i.e pink and white as requested by Iza, as she wanted it similar to my brother's cake, I decided to add another colour, pink plus red, became fuschia? i don't know, I just mix this and that, it turned out that colour.

I still need a lot of practise on the fondant roses. Did these ones while watching "The Little Nyonya" yesterday evening. A last minute change, so I could only manage to make this much, or shall I say , this little:-)




Earlier, Iza wanted white bow on top of her fondant cake with red blossoms on the side but after having seen my brother's 'merisek' cake, she changed her mind and wanted something similar since they are going to use the cake for cake cutting ceremony. She also wanted the design to be somewhat similar to my first three tier royal icing wedding cake. In order not to disappoint her, I made one small bow on the side with an off white rose and two flower fillers.














Why don't you put the hearts instead of the manik2?

hmm... that's a thot, why didn't I think of that? manik pun cantik , it goes well with the pink roses. but I still want the hearts so at the very last minute, about an hour befre Iza came to collect her cake, I made several hearts and stars and blossom cut out and put them on the cake board instead .
Iza, thanks ever so much for trusting me with this fondant cake of yours. i really enjoyed making these fondant roses and arranging them on the fondant covered cake. wishing the newly wed, Selamat Pengantin Baru. everlasting love and happiness




No comments:

Post a Comment