Monday, December 7, 2009

Fruit cake for Bonda

kak Zue duk wat apa tu? the cheery voice on the other end of the line was asking me. At that time, I was in T*sc*, doing my shopping for the hampers for the M*xis events.

"Nas nak kak zue buat fruit cake for my mum, it's her birthday, tapi Nas nak esok....." I suppose I could see thru the phone, her rather sheepish and hopeful smile on the other end of the line cos she knows for a fact that she just made me terkezut....

Despite having to prepare and deco 150 cupcakes and 9 hampers, and one set of engagement cuppies, I accepted her order.
She then smsed me something like this: she wanted me to deco her Bonda's cake exactly like the oreo chocolate cheesecake with buttercream roses for mothers day which I made for Sya . Nas also requested for the buah tu bagi "lebat" sikit...



Since this is fruit cake, my first fruit cake order I wasn't really sure how to decorate it. For me to place the buttercream roses and the fondant with the birthday message, I therefore made a fondant layer for them.
wishing their Bonda dearest, Happy 60th birthday, from : Nani, Sue, Fairuz, Intan, Wan, Tam, Myrul and girl ( the two grandchildren )





teleng kot ni...








teleng kot nu...suka sangat tengok the final finish...
Hope Bonda likes my version of fruit cake and hope Nas likes the deco

No comments:

Post a Comment