Friday, November 13, 2009

Traditional Apple Pie

Finally, finally, finally.... I did it. My first apple pie attempt and it turned out beautifully.... or is it:-)
Those apples had been sitting in my fridge like forever. Nobody is eating them .i had been toying with this idea of making an apple pie for quite some time now but the thought of making the pastry somehow put me off.
pages and pages had been turned from many many recipe books for the recipe and i finally found this "Traditional Apple Pie" recipe in my "Comfort Food" book which I bought a couple of months back. I started baking just before midnight after making the chocolate chip cookies . My son requested for his favourite chocolate chip cookies but since I had run out of icing sugar ( I can't believe that I had run out of icing sugar!) I had to look for another recipe which didn't require that ingredient and found one in the same book " Comfort Food". It 's purely chocolate chips but I decided to add some walnut in it. it taste as good but I think I might lessen the sugar a little bit cos it's a bit too sweet for me.


this is what it looks like before going into the oven. I didn't even have the proper pie dish for it. Must make a note to buy one.








While baking in the oven. couldn't resist to take the photo of it sitting in the oven because I still sort of couldn't believe myself that I finally made an apple pie! when I was young, many many years ago, i like to read the BEANO and in one of the stories in the comic book, one of the characters, I forgot which one, liked to make pies. She would leave the pie on the window sill to cool off. I could see the smoke coming out from the slit and it just got to me. I must make that pie. It's just so cool and cosy and homely, the thot of cooling an apple pie on the window sill, not that I have one to cool off my pie! My eldest daughter likes apple pie, then again, she likes anything and everything which is edible, no fussy eater here, unlike my son, very picky and choosy.
Now that I have overcame my fear of making a pastry, I could see myself making more pies and tarts, perhaps. One step at a time, Zue, one step at a time. ......

6 comments:

  1. Hye Zue, I luv pie and luv making it, your apple pie looks yummylicious (nak resipi boleh). . . reminds me that I need to upload pie recipie that I got from the net. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo, this is (was) the pie that I had missed yesterday! Alamak..ruginye... must try jugak2 to go for free trials next time..heheh..
    Nak buat camna zue, tak de rezeki lagi.thank you for the kind thots..really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hye Shashue! I'd love to try more pies or tarts recipe after this and the recipe, insyaallah I'll post it in the next entry with photos of the pie sliced.Quite easy to make. another recipe that I'd like to try is egg tart, my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hai Yus, yup, this is it....not MJ "THis Is It", my pie, my first apple pie, still can't over the fact that I finally did it, macam tak caya plak.takpe, insyaallah will let you know kalu buat lagi yang lain2.Tadi lalu kut changlun nak pegi deliver ke Kangar tapi tak call lah sebab on duty kan, nanti insyaAllah nak pi gak rumah Yus...

    ReplyDelete
  5. zue, patut u singgah on the way balik..lepas habis duty..hahaha.
    I terjumpa budak kena langgar kereta at 1pm just now, exactly berlaku depan kereta I. Nasib baik dapat tolong. budak pompuan tu patah kaki dan terlentang tak boleh bergerak.Kesian dia,seluar jeans dia koyak tang 3 segi emas pulak! My little girl sampai muntah2 terlalu loya first time tgk accident depan mata agaknya. Finally the ambulance came and took her away. syukur dah selesai walaupun berpeluh campur kebas kaki duk riba budak tu.hai...rasa cemas sungguh walaupun banyak kali jadi kes mcm ni depan mata.I think I deserve an oreo cheesecake lah now... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAi Yus, masa pegi my friend drove, masa balik I drove, kononnya nak balik ikut highway sama macam mai tadi la, tengok2 keluar kot jalan kampong, tak jumpa high way sampai kesudah:-) so tak lalu Changlun:-)
    Ur one good Samaritan Yus, and kesian kat that girl but alhamdulillah dia selamat. I was at the hospital yesterday evening, my hubby's cousin passed away, lung cancer baru found out abt six weeks ago,cepat sangat. oreo cheesecake sounds nice! so does marble cheese brownies and chocolate mousse and etc etc.....hihi.....

    ReplyDelete