Friday, November 20, 2009

fruit cake and MCB

I made this MCB for my sister (from different mak and abah), for her office jamuan that other night. The least I could do for her, after what she had done for me .Doing good deeds and promoting my MCB at the same time, killing two birds with one stone. That morning, she accompanied me to enquire about my youngest daughter's registration for her pra school next year ( which reminds me that I haven't completed the form yet ), and since hubby wanted to use the car, the old Beetle just refused to start and the other one is still in the workshop, I was a bit "patahkaki" so she came over and drove me around in her new MyVi, went to buy breakfast, dropped by a shop at Jalan Langgar to buy some eggs for my cakes and cupcakes, next stop was G*ant cos we ran out of 'Thousand Island' for the kids' burger, unfortunately, at G*ant , out of stock, tried my luck at a smaller convenient shop at Taman PKNK and believe it or not, the shop had it, the last bottle, yet stopped again and this time at the cake supply shop for a few things and she then sent me home cos she had to prepare lunch for her family.

the night before, she drove me and my kids to my hubby's cousin's house at night ( cos I couldn't really drive at nite, i had a bad experience driving at nite last year, so it was a bit traumatic for me after that incidence, I only drove only when I had to )

a few days before, i made this fruit cake. my not first time attempt on fruit cake, bottoms up look impressive with plenty of mixed fruits







but when you cut it, you can see that the fruits are only at the top or errr....rather, at the bottom:-), well, for what it's worth, bottom or top, it tastes good, moist, not too sweet ( as per ana ) and as per kak bahiyah and her daughters,areena and adilah, (she has 3 daughters and all their names begin with "A") it's nice, sedap.......can I have another word besides 'nice', please.....:-)





"mmm sedap, macam umi buat" comments from baby azrina and azira and awin, the three daughters of my sister's and friend, from whom i got the recipe from. She also has 3 daughters with names beginning with A too and one son , Azim, "A" also.
Mestilah sedap, resepi from your umi.....:-) Gave her some to bring back for her hubby which he ate and had for breakfast too......

Another collection to Zue's Oven....fruit cake, if anyone out there would like to share the fruitiness of this cake, you are most welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment