Thursday, November 12, 2009

My Most Precious Treasure ( well...one of many...)

The first recipe in this book, "How to Make Tea"
complete with drawings. The next page, of course, "How To Make Coffee":-)

both tea and coffee are served in different types of cups. Tea in a big with wide mouth cup and coffee in a thin and slender small mouth cup. that's what I've learned but not necessarily what is practised at home.
Look at the state of this book.......


Do u have something that you treasure the most, that you hold so dear to your heart, well I do. This is it.... this ...torn, with scribbles everywhere, lunyai but priceless jewel .





It comes in the form of a recipe book which I keep ever since I was in Form One when I first started my SRT , Sains Rumah Tangga class and this book holds many recipes which I still use and I keep adding new ones in it. Some of the recipes that I still use like Ayam Masak Minangkabau, Serabai Barat ( pancake),just to name a few.

It's divided into several sections: Minuman (Drinks), Roti ( Bread), Beras ( Rice ),Sayur (Veggies), Daging ( Meat ), Ikan ( Fish), Telur ( Egg), Pencuci Mulut ( Dessert ), Kek & Biskut ( Cakes & Cookies ), Hidangan Perayaan ( Meals for Festivals), Kuih Tempatan ( Local Delicacies), Beter ( Batter ) and Pesteri ( Pastry ).


my form one handwriting, besar dan sebijik sebijik.








the writing evolves ,it's getting tinier



my cook teacher Cik Kalsom's comment in red ink.
You know what I am going o do next. I need to rewrite some of the recipes because the ink has started to fade away and I definitely wouldn't want to lose those precious recipes which I have compiled over the years. My mum's sambal ikan bilis, sayur air, daging singgang, my sister's chocolate cake, my other sister's BBQ chicken, my eldest sister's kek cokelat mayonis, my friend Idah's masak lemak cili padi, Aina's daging dendeng, Rina's daging masak kicap raisins and jam, my Mak Muda's Kek Gula Hangus, Kak Liza' fruit cake, Kak Tuni's biskut buah pinggang, my friends' cakes and mousse and cheesecakes recipes and many many more , recipes from famous chef from Chef Wan to chef Kamarul, Nigella Lawson and Jamie Oliver, the Naked Chef.
That's me.. I like to compile, write, watch ,anything related to cooking. I like to try new recipes which I did again last night, Devil's Food Cupcakes which will be in the next entry, insyaAllah.
Speaking of which, I might try the fruit cake which I had delayed for so long, today. Procrastination is my worst enemy. There are so many things /items on my "To Do List" . I am quite free today, besides the normal routines and endless chores. I said "I might"........then again..........enough rambling for one morning......back to real world....

No comments:

Post a Comment