Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Happy 40th b'day Teh

"Kak zu, again cupcake 4 me! Diz time is 4 my eldest beloved sister.... I really love her so much ,dis is her 40th bufday. i hope i can tell her much i appreciate her through diz cke.....as usual, i would like to hv vanilla cuppies with buttercream on top, colour up to u, funky2 pn xpe.."

dunno if this is funky or not but I love the colours, soft green, soft yellow, pink, red and white, lots of love , hearts and flowers.


After reading the smses last Friday, i started sketching and researching the appropriate design for her cuppies, to convey the message of how much she loves her sister, how much she appreciates and values her despite being far from one another, "the distance between them is only miles away, but the love between them is only a heart beat away."

I thot of Blown kisses , in this case blown hearts all the way from Alor Star to KL, hoping to reach her sister.

red heart, flew all the way from Alor Star but this time it didn't fly but would be riding a bus this morning to its destination, till it reaches Teh, her sister.












Every cake has its story and this one is no exception. I was looking forward to make this set because ana said in her sms that " I am full of surprises" dunno about that but I do hope that I can surprise her with this design. I planned to bake the cuppies in the morning ( as usual) but ended up making them in the evening (yet again as usual), left them to cool while making a MCB for another order and at the same time making a fruit cake ( trying a new recipe again, to get that perfect fruit cake cos I am not so much of a fruit cake lover but I found one that i like and I am trying to find that particular recipe).Once the cuppies were cooled off, spread the buttercream on top.Still not in the mood to deco, so left them for a while.

Went upstairs for a bath, then watched "So You think you can Dance" on the Astro channel, while waiting for my neighbour and her daughters to come over to taste my fruit cake. After a wonderful fruit cake tasting moment and exchanging and sharing stories and news, they left around 10 pm, so I continued watching those lovely moves on the dance floor, by 11 pm, I felt sleepy , slept on the sofa in front of the TV and asked my son to wake me up after ten minutes cos I had not started on my cuppies yet. Woke up and continued sleeping and when I woke up again it was 3 am. It dawned on me that I had not decorated my cuppies! and ana was coming over at 9 am to pick them up!OMG! I have about 6 hours to go.

Coloured the fondant, rolled, cut , mould, shaped and arranged them on the cuppies each and every one of them . All these decos were made from 3 am to 5.30 am with my daughter , Batrisyia accompanying me. Phew! I made it ! By about 6 am, cleared the kitchen a little bit, wrapped the box and they are done.

Love and affection from Adik Noor and Zaly













I used pink and green ribbon to complement the cuppies colour, ready for ana to pick up at 9 am this morning.

























what is this? fruit cake packed nicely for ana.Ana came around 9 am and how glad I was that I did manage to complete them . the price to pay for procrasination but sometimes ideas don't just come easy. I had my sketches and ideas but you just have to be in the mood to do them. anyway, I do hope that ana likes them and I do hope the message would be conveyed to her sister throough my cuppies.
thanks again Ana for this, order, only a couple of weeks ago that I made cuppies for her beloved hubby. thank you for your support dear. Here's wishing Teh, ana's sister, a Happy 40th birthday. they said that for men, life begins at 40 , dunnno about the ladies but, hey, age is just a number, another year older, another year wiser.Welcome to the Carrat Club.
just got this sms from ana after I asked her whether the cuppies survived the bus journey:
" yes selamat smpi.wah! my niece said she cried n syg nk mkn the cuppies, cz evry cuppies had its own story, hehe, so touching..thankz a zillion k.zu!Its ur idea ,
anyway, well the fruitcake, i like.Moist , but not 2 sweet, jz nice..nnt leh order"

4 comments:

  1. Zue,

    Pukul 3 pagi tu, I tengah in my deep slumberland tau and you tengah decorating!! Dahsyat nya lah mek ni berhobby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yelah yatt, hobby sakan:-)
    tapi time tulah kalau idea nak mari pun...actually tertidoq punya pasai.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. and my smses came through in between... hahahah...patutlah mcm deja vu je baca blog ni... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. deja vu... i like that word. after that night, i did it again.....

    ReplyDelete