Sunday, July 12, 2009

Srikandi Utara Gathering

Made this especially for the occasion. 12th July 2009 is the date for Back to School programme, in JB, at our old school and since some of us couldn't make it for the progamme, we planned our own small gathering. Actually they , those who stayed in Penang made the arrangement and i decided to join them too, just to meet up , catching up and reminiscing.



I did take a few photos using my digital camera but due to technical error, I am unable to post them here. It was a good and heartwarming gathering, a few of them are from the 70s batch! My batch, only two turned up including me! All that didn't matter, what matters was that we met and chatted and exchanged cards and we felt the bonding. i even met my former matron! the lady in charge of the sickbay. I recognised her the minute I saw her face. she's actually the sister to the host, Kak Ijah. It had been so long. I remember her as someone very strict but she's actually very nice. Alhamdulillah I didn't get sick when I was at my school so didn't get to spend my time at the sickbay.

One of the rare times that I went to see her was when I cut my hand. It was a hot afternoon and I was cutting an apple using a knife, a very sharp knife cos I had only just sharpen it. I wanted to slice the apple but instead I sliced my right hand, the area between the jari ibu and jari telunjuk. Imagine the blood flowing because it was in the afternoon, so much blood came out.
Fortunately it left no scar, just memories,

Kak Ijah, thank you for your hospitality, for the nice laksa johor and all those other dishes served on the table. Adib, and all the kakak2 , thanks for making this happen. and Deeb, for showing me the way cos I was not familiar at all with Bertam area. Thanks Kak Zorro for leading me all the way to the Bertam tol on the way back cos me and my sense of directions, let's just say that it's very bad.....

Nice meeting all of you ladies, Kak Orchid, Kak Chik, Kak Normah, Lilly, Deeb, Kak Fida, Kak Zorro, Kak Ijah and I am sorry if don't write all the names here but it was really wonderful meeting everyone .

8 comments:

  1. I know the feeling, we are like in our world when chatting abt old times:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hai shashue, hear,hear, I couldn't agree more, and time flies when you were hving fun...tahu2 dah lewat and I paling jauh, they all semua duk Penang.

    ReplyDelete
  3. zue,
    you sure kenal mashi, kan?

    ReplyDelete
  4. of course! yus kenal mana? relative?

    ReplyDelete
  5. aha..almost jadi my relative tau.almost very very related la.

    ReplyDelete