Monday, July 27, 2009

Happy Birthday B...

Happy Birthday B. and not C or D or E or whatever, it's B okay, B for....hubby? err..B for Baby?..... just guessing, only Yani knows the answer to that.It's for her Darling B.


She made a reservation for this set of birthday cuppies for her husband about a month ago. She specifically requested for the rosebud, love and Mc D swirl design. the theme colour is blue , ocean blue. Only a couple of days ago, she added white to it, so ocean blue and white on chocolate cuppies with ganache.


The day is finally here and I finally get to put a face to the name. I got to meet the mysterious B too!"B" is also here to collect the cake with the missus.They came over to pick up their cake in the afternoon.


"Salam kak zue. lunch nanti sy pegi pick up cupcakes. TQ..YANY


I received the sms this morning. By the time I received the sms, the cuppies were ready and I was relaxing, in fact, lounging in front of my house enjoying the morning breeze.


I just want to share my " easy like Monday morning" story and not " I hate Mondays" ( Garfield's ).
This morning was a complete contrast to what I experienced yesterday.
This time yesterday, ( Sunday morning), i was still shaking and my daughter , out of the blue ( she was playing games on her NDS, ) suddenly asked me"Kenapa Mama nangis dalam kereta tadi? ( Mama, why did u cry in the car this morning?) Yes, I cried, almost uncontrollably, but why?
I was on my way back from sending my eldest daughter to school and we, me and my youngest daughter, 5 year old Batrisyia were only a few hundred metres away from our house when all of a sudden there were many cars in front of us and they moved very slowly unlike the normal days. Strangely both lanes were packed with cars , moving rather snail like. This would only happen if there was an accident up ahead and I was right. As we moved closer to the scene, the car in front of me gave a signal to go to the left and I did the same and when we reached the scene where there were many people on the road, I knew that something was horribly wrong and boy was I in for a shock as I turned my head to the right to see what the commotion was. There he was, a boy still in his school uniform , white shirt and green trousers, probaly 16 or 17 years old , lying on the road and blood oozing out of his forehead. I was shaking and crying and I kept on saying to myself " Ya Allah Ya Tuhanku, selamatkanlah budak ini" all the way to my house. I don't know him , he's stranger but I guess the mother's instinct in me, is saying that he is someone's son, someone's brother and I was deeply saddened by the vision. As I made the U-turn at the traffic light, I saw an ambulance on my side of the road, getting ready to pick the boy up and by the time I reached my house which was only less than 5 minutes walk to the scene, I heard the ambulance siren wailing away and I hoped and prayed that they would make it in time and would be able to save the boy.
I drove with extra caution this morning and tried to erase yesterday's picture from my vision.
This morning was such a beautiful morning. My other half is coming home today. Kids were in school. There were only me and my youngest daughter at home and she was still in her dreamworld....zzzzzzz.....
I decided to do my chores before finishing off my cupcake deco. Swept all the dry leaves . Cleaned up the kitchen, no need to have breakfast because I was fasting. spent about half an hour on the ocean blue and white theme cupcakes and I was done.Still too early to prepare lunch.

I popped out to the shop for a while cos I've run out of the transparent box for these cupcakes. When I came back, I discovered that the fan was not moving. Blackout! It's going to be very hot inside the house and so I decided to sit outside, put my feet up, got a few Martha Stewart's Living Magazines on my lap and a couple of minutes later, it started to rain!
Beautiful! Perfect! What more did I want..? ..Two months ago I wouldn't be able to enjoy this moment, but today, here I was , in the comfort of my own lounge chair with magazines on home decor and cooking accompanied by the rain falling on my car ( now I don't need to wash it cos the rain had helped me with the job), listening and watching the water fell on the leaves....it was beautiful! Subhanallah. For a moment there, I forgot all the pain, all the frustration , all the despair....it's just me and nature.....


Three orders in a row, birthday cakes or cupcakes from devoted wives to their beloved hubbies.I am just glad to be able to be parts of their special moments with their families.


A pantun dua kerat to these birthday men:

Ayam berkokok di sawah padi,

Selamat Hari Jadi.....


thankx Yani for this order.


Later in the evening, while watching a movie, "P.S. I love You", a rather charming movie, received an sms from Yany:
"salam kak zue.Tq sb buat cupcakes yg sdap. Husband n kwn2 suka next time ble order lg."


7 comments:

  1. Zue,
    Sometimes simple things like the rain is all we need. I'm glad that you had a greta day yesterday despite the accident you witnessed on Sunday.

    Oh.. I hope the boy's ok....

    ReplyDelete
  2. zue,
    thanks for the ulasan selari on the sms. enjoyed double ulasan here.
    hv a wonderful day today...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam Ja,
    sometimes we tend to take things for granted, little little things, like the expression asking us to slow down and smell the roses, .....
    I do hope that the boy is okay..

    ReplyDelete
  4. hai Yus,
    have a wonderful day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zue, I really hope that the boy is okay . . . sometimes lovely rain and good magazine is what we need to mend a broken heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hai shashue!
    I hope so too!
    how true, the rain, the cool breeze which transported you back to yesteryears, where my umi would boil hot water in the morning for my bath before I went to school, sejuk ma.....and a good magazine with mouth watering recipes and jaw dropping creations is all that we need.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mother's instinct manifests the force that anticipates the unknown event that maybe harmful or useful to her children and family. Sometimes it is misunderstood as paranoia but it's unavoidable especially if a woman becomes a mother.

    BluePixo Entertainment - A place for mom and dad to share topics about parenthood

    ReplyDelete