Friday, July 10, 2009

orange and yellow to cheer someone up....

"Zue, can you please make a cake and a fruit basket and to deliver it to Hj.H's daughter. i heard that she's in a hospital having a high fever..."

Now, this is new...cake or perhaps, cupcakes to cheer someone up with a "Get well" wish. I thought of using yellow and orange ( a touch of purple, what prompt me to make purple teddy, I don't know ) which I find rather cheery and I presume it could light up and bring a smile to anyone who's feeling low or in this case, feeling blue....no..feeling blue is for people in love, right, so what was the feeling.....feeling hot..hot..hot...because of the high fever......

A fruit basket, that is new too.....I have the basket, ribbons, flowers, etc and I all I need is some fruits. I have all the ingredients for my cakes and cupcakes and brownies readily available in my fridge and larder but i didn't have fruits stock up in my fridge so off I went in search of colourful fruits.

But first, sorry Lyana, Auntie misspelt your name....thousand apologies, dear....



A concerned auntie, all the way from KL wishing her friend's daughter "Get Well Soon" and it's up to me to make sure that the cake, in this case I decided to make cupcakes, is appropriate. Thot of the yellow Smiley and what else? My mind went blank, how do I cheer someone up? I only had a few hours to complete both the cupcakes and the fruit basket cos it had to be delivered by the evening.

...

I've seen a lot of cupcakes with grass and ladybirds, bees , flowers and mushrooms and they are all beautiful and nice and I thot, maybe i'd use that to cheer the not so well patient ( which I later found out that she's as fit as a fiddle, almost ready to go back...:-)

decided to use orange for the grass








Get well soon, from Aunt Peng was the message.



the three smiley sisters or are they brothers ? ( i wouldn't know...)

The fruit basket wrapped with purple ribbon and one white butterfly filled with grapes, strawberries, three types of apples, two types of pears and a couple of oranges.








Ready to be delivered.

She was admitted at one of the private hospitals here in Alor Star, P*C. Called her mum, a very nice and sweet lady , to find out which room her daughter was in. A few people , including her mum and brother were with her in the room, lucky girl, so many people who cared about her and to look after her.

Seeing the look on her face when she saw the cupcakes with teddy on it was actually the effect that I would expect her to get from the cake and it got to me too! The cupcakes served two purposes, to cheer her up but at the same time, it cheered me up too! If she's happy then I am happy, if she is satisfied, then I will be satisfied, if she is delighted, I'd be more than delighted. The first thing she did was to pick up teddy and ate it on the spot!...and she liked it!I have never seen anyone actually eating my figurines because normally they would pick them up from my place or I'd just deliver them and left but this time I stayed, for a while...


Lyana on her hospital bed, the hospital name tag still on her wrist, the drip still attached to her but she's all bubbly and cheerful, holding the purple teddy seconds before teddy's head went into her mouth followed by its other body parts...hihi....


Want to wish you well but I think you are well enough to go back so want to wish you all the best for your coming final exam, which is this coming monday? ( she had her laptop on her right side because she did some studying for her exam)


Thanx Kak Siti for your hospitality. All I did was baking and delivering the cupcakes and fruits as requested by Ms Peng and I got treated with the grapes that I brought! Lyana also gave me one of the cupcakes ( which I made), how sweet of her.....

I have made cupcakes for hantaran( weddings), cupcakes for engagement, cupcakes for birthdays, cupcakes for "mengaji is fun", "You rock My world" cupcakes, Fathers Day, mothers day, teachers day, graduation cuppies, or simply for makan2 cupcakes, but this is my first "Get Well Soon" cupcakes. so many things you can do with cupcakes. It is meant for sharing because "sharing is caring", caring is loving and love is what we all need , to love and be loved....

2 comments: