Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Choc moist cake with walnut on top

A very simple and minimal deco of a miniature chocolate fondant cake.
wanna know how big or how small it is? just the size of my palm., about 3 inches in circumference I think.

su, masih sayang nak makan?:-)


"cravings" for chocolate moist cake prompted this sweet girl to sms me. This is not her first order, well, first for choc moist cake, but her third after the engagement black and white cake and cupcakes, followed by spider web marble cheese brownies which she enjoyed with her friends at Titi Hayun, well, half of it only because the other half was also enjoyed by her family first;-)!







I got this chocolate moist recipe from several blogs, saw this earlier on Rinnchan's fotopages,much much earlier on other blogs and websites, then saw it again on mamafami's blog , to which i find her deco on the cake was simply stunning! I've tried the choc moist cake recipe before, therefore I don't actually know who should I give credit to, so I guess my thank you to everybody who shared this recipe and whoever created this marvelous cake ( based on testimonial by su in my shoutbox).



Why walnut on top? Actually su wanted the walnut inside the cake but the request came a bit too late cos I had already baked the cake only waiting to be decorated. Not to disappoint a "craving" girl's wish, I decided to put some on top of the buttercream swirl which I didn't put a lot because su just wanted to enjoy the cake as it is with its ganache. That's why I leave the deco to the minimum possible. I used my own ganache instead of the one in the original recipe.


thank you soooo much su for liking my cakes and brownies.

pantun dua kerat for su:
ayam berkokok makan ikan kikik,
thanks for liking the choc moist cake.

(pantun ayam berkokok dua kerat ini hanya untuk hiburan semata-semata, nostalgia zaman masa belajar dulu)

4 comments:

  1. meleleh, jangan tak mleleh.How was your vacation? hope it was fun and enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kak zue! huhu... cupcake tu still x mkn lg tau x.... sayang betul nk mkn. su nk buat kenangan la cupcake tu... hihihi...

    thanx again ya kak zue for that chocolatecake.. sooooooooo yummy!! yum yum....

    sedap la kak zue! nanti nk order lagi... hihi..

    thanx again and i love u kak zue!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hai sue! dah agak dah! :-)
    thank you sue sebab suka kek cokelat moist tu.boleh je kalau nak order lagi.....love u too....
    have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete