Sunday, July 5, 2009

cek mek molek for tea

It's just one of those days when you long for your mother's cooking.



I bought these sweet potatoes ( keledek) a couple of days ago with the sole intention of turning it into cekmek molek. My mother is a good cook, no..good is not the right word to describe her, GREAT would best suited to describe her. She can cook many kinds of malay kuih like the kuih sepit ( the love letter), kuih siput, kuih pau, just to name a few and cekmek is one of the malay kuih, I think is THE ONLY malay kuih that I learned from her and am I glad that I did because my family and I like this cute little thingy very much.

If anybody is interested to try their hands on these exquisite delicacy called cekmekmolek, not cekmekzue ye....more photos can be seen in my zues oven blog.Happy cekmekking!

6 comments:

  1. I luv cek mek molek, whenever i went back to Kelantan I will sure buy this one. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am more of a karipap savoury person. Give me cucurbadak, pulut uban, cucr bawang and you would make this lady a very happy person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. huaaa...terliur dah menengoknyer..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hai shashue! i would prefer make my own because i like to eat it hot, kalau beli dah sejuk, tapi jarang2 sekali lah dapat makan sebab tedious nak buat dia, actually bukan tedious sangat pun, just plain.....kurang rajin, don't want to say the M word...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello wiz!I like karipap too esp inti kari ayam and kentang tapi nak membuatnye tu....kena buat kulit dulu, pas tu buat inti, I beli je....cucucrbadak, the last time buat rasanya masak kelas SRT zaman sekolah dulu..Who knows if u drop by in alor staq, i try buat cucurbadak and make you a very happy lady, but then again, maybe I'll make u my oreo choc cheesecake, that is if you are a chocolate and cheese person:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salam Fiza,
    terliuq , jangan tak terliuq, kalau rajin, cuba lah buat , ada step by step cara nak buat or maybe you are more expert than me! Once in a blue moon je buat cekmek ni...bila betui2 terasa nak makan:-)

    ReplyDelete