Friday, May 1, 2009

A new chapter


Today , May 1st 2009, while other workers are celebrating "Labour Day", is the beginning of a new chapter in my life, and what a beautiful way to start it with making these white roses , a set of engagement cuppies for my husband's cousin , symbolising the purity of the new beginning, just like a newborn, so pure, so white, so innocent. Now it is up to me to dicatate my life, I say who, I say when, I say where...( insyaAllah )


" I heard that you are going to enjoy your life, is that true?" a colleague asked me when we bumped into each other in a lift the other day.


My answer, " Life is too short not to be enjoyed."


Is lounging in a chair at the porch in front of your house at 7.30am whilst listening to the pouring rain while feeling the cool breeze against your skin and images of your childhood memories flashing in front of you and watching the flowers and the green leaves crawling on your fence is enjoying one's life? The answer is yes.


Is baking brownies with walnut at 8am after sending your daughters to school and one to kindergarden is enjoying one's life? The answer is still yes.


Is staying at home because your son is sick and unable to go to school and you do not have to call in asking for emergency leave, then another yes, I am enjoying my life at the moment.( but not enjoying the fact that he is sick, though )

Life will just past you by and before you know it, your kids will soon be leaving you for colleges, or getting married.There is no better time than now. No more rushing adrenalins in the mornings, no more cards to punch, no more wondering whether your kids have had their lunch, or are they doing their schoolwork or are they in Dreamworld at 4 or 5 pm.

I pray and hope that the path planned for me, the journey, will be a smooth and pleasant and beautiful one.


God's Willing, ( InsyaAllah) and with his blessing, I will continue to enjoy my new role , with my husband and three kids and will be able to concentrate on my passion which is baking and cake decorating and Insyaallah I will be able to berkarya more, both on my cakes and cupcakes and my writings too.



" Semoga apa yang kita lakukan akan mendapat keberkatanNya".

No comments:

Post a Comment