Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Biskut Batik

Biskut Batik, or kek batik to some people. That was what it was called when it was first introduced to me about eighteen years ago! Wow! has it been that long?

We, my housemates and a few others, went for a dinner at a friend's house somewhere in a place where you kind find Harrods, Selfridges, Madame Tussaud, Leicester Square, Buckingham Palace,St. James Park, Hyde Park, Oxford Street, Covent Garden, just to name a few. I wasn't exactly sure the name of the place. This is an old story, just to rekindle the moment, to remember the good times we had, the events, the people and the place which took place. We can never turn back the clock and we must always look forward, to the future but we keep the things of the past still close to our hearts especially when it involves the sweet memories of the friendship and the relationship that we had with our old friends. Those things should be treasured and kept in a very special place in our heart.

It was Christmas or sometime around X'mas. We weren't celebrating it but took that as an excuse to have our gathering. Besides other delicacies served and served in the finest bone china available, I guess this was the time when I knew about Royal Albert , the beautiful red roses designs on the plates, cups and saucers...beautiful and expensive too! i was a student then, so royal albert wasn't in the list of " things to buy" ( yet...)



There it was, as a dessert. Me, being curious and always wanting to try new things especially, then I wasn't much of a baker or a cook, anything delectable or delicious or yummylicious to my tastebud, I would try to get the recipe , wanting to try it myself. so I asked my friend and she willingly gave me.


tried it on my own, despite haven't actually seen or showed of how it was done, I did manage to get the taste and texture,perhaps needed more practise. So since then , have been and still am making this Biskut Batik at every available opportunities , birthdays, hari raya, kids' teachers days or just for makan2.It is a favourite with my kids.For that I thank you , Maizan for sharing this recipe with me....



Wanna have a bite? It's available at Zue's Oven a.k.a. cekmekzue....





3 comments:

  1. Salam K.Jue...

    Thanks 4 ur recipe, Da glamour dgn biskut batik ni kat Cork,Ireland! Award winning biskut batik :) Baru jer buat last weekends sbg 'buah tangan' utk di bawa ke jemputan makan mlm rumah kawan.. (Pakistani surgeon). Semua org puji biskut batik ni sedap.. jadi semua pujian adalah utk mu hehehe.

    Adikmu,
    Da

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ingat kan sapa anonymous tadi....Finally, kak jue dapat comment from Da. I think the compliment should go way back to the person whom I got the recipe from. nanti Da bolehlah refer blog kak jue yang satu lagi, zues oven for resepi lauk-pauk ke cos kak jue akan update bila2 rajin..hihi....hari ni masak ayam masak minangkabau so I might post that nanti....tungguuu....

    ReplyDelete