Saturday, May 23, 2009

Birthday Cake for Mak Teh

I was on the phone with my sister, who is in Shah Alam , when my house phone rang.

"Happy Birthday To You", the person on the other end of the line was singing the happy birthday tune to me. It was my mak saudara ( hubby's side) or mak penakan, the Kedahan called it. That was yesterday, May 22nd. How sweet....She remembers my birthday, hers is today, 23rd May, just one day after mine. I've actually blocked in my diary, today's date and was planning to bake her a cake and so I did .

Actually I was feeling rather blue that Friday morning cos my other half was not here but with that call,and earlier, my sis mmsed me a cute birthday message, a happy birthday tune in Malay sung by a kitten...so the very the cute..... and then, my Umi from KB also called and with all the birthday wishes that I received thru sms, shoutbbox, facebook and emails, they certainlly had brighten up my gloomy morning. The wonders of simple four words "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU'" can do. Thank you all so much for making my day!

Tried using the sweetpeas deco as the border. This is Chocolate Moist Cake, courtesy from MakLang's blog. Thank you MakLang for sharing.

I planned to surprise her with the cake and so I went to Mak Teh's house in Jitra with my kids, just to deliver the cake to her. Fortunately I caught up with her just in time because she's on her way to her daughter's house in Napoh and they , Mak Teh and her other daughters asked me to join them there for makan2 .

It seems that one of her daughters' birthday is tomorrow, 24th may, so at her daughter's house, we , the three of us shared one cake for our birthdays, 22nd, 23rd and 24th May, all Geminian. Looks like, I have got my birthday cake after all!

To Mak Teh, Selamat Hari Lahir yang ke 60, semoga diberkati hidup ini dan berbahagia di samping anak2 dan cucu2 tersayang, tak lupa, anak saudara ini and cucu2 saudara ni jugak.....

1 comment:

  1. syura:-
    wah...terharu lak baca blog kak zue ni..mak teh pun dah tgk..apapun kami semua ucap tahniah dan smoga lebih maju dgn bisnes ni k..goodluck...

    yazid :-
    jgn lupa tahun ni besday bln 12..sponsor la kek lg..hahaha

    ReplyDelete