Friday, May 1, 2009

roses for engagement cuppies

Actually, this is quite a last minute order from my hubby's cousin, so I just used whatever ribbons or flowers that I had at that time to decorate the box. Fortunately there's no theme colour for this occasion.

since there's no colour theme, I decided to use white .Franky I had no idea how to decorate these cuppies, should I do rosette or rosebud or jus swirls, or maybe fondant roses, no fondant is out of the question cos it is very short notice, no time to make and roll and all that jazz....


I like this colour, it is not red, nor it is purple so what do we call this colour?



white roses, so pure, so demure, so full of meaning.May this engagement be the beginning of their beautiful relationship which will lead to a more beautiful wedding and beautiful life ahead.



I simply adore these roses, I should say that these are the best roses so far that I made from buttercream, using Kak Jun's method. Before this I had been using the youtube method.But dunno whether I got it right or not, but it looked right to me, as long as they don't look like daisies or any other flowers, it's good enough for me...



My first engagement cuppies, aready made for hantaran before. There will be more "first" as I am venturing into this new passion of mine and I am loving every minute of it.



This white rose was initially for another cake called "Mawar Putih Untuk Mama" but I decided to use it for this engagement cuppies because white looked gorgeous, so pure and innocent .
These set was picked up by my hubby's cousin yesterday afternoon. Thanx Kak Iza for trusting me with this order. I really enjoyed making these roses and I think there'll be more roses after this, now that I think I have got the hang of this.
Roses are red, my love,
Violets are blue,
Sugar is sweet, my love
But not, as sweet as you......




2 comments:

  1. Hi Zue

    Someone is keeping herself busy here. Cantik mawar putih tu. Geezzz, I have not started to bake since Dahlia's class lah. Bila lah nak ada masa ni.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam yatt
    so good to hear from you. thanx for dropping by. To tell u the truth, I like this white rose too, very much. Nanti I'll load the whole set., bagi teaser dulu....hihi....u r one jetsetting lady, mcm choc fudge, sekejap ada, sekejap takde, mana sempat nak masuk kitchen, so, looks like belum ada cupcakes for tea lah, one day ya Yatt,..one fine day...

    ReplyDelete