Monday, October 12, 2009

orange theme for Diwali

Two sets of Diwali gifts . I was so glad that I managed to complete both sets on time.
My friend, an ex-colleague only informed me of their intention last Wednesday and I had only a few days to look for suitable items to suit the festival .

"where can I find the best maruku in town?
This was the answer that I got after asking around. The same answer after asking different people.
" The lady in front of the old post office, or sometimes she can be found in front of the alley just before R*se restaurant before R*B Bank."

Both Zah and I tried our best to get the best maruku or maruku mixed with nuts and there's the other one which I wasn't sure of what it was called.

Spent the night baking my cookies and made the roasted almond chocolate and cupcakes too. By morning I made the fancy cookies with "rangoli/kolam" sort of designs.


I thought that these orange with black design boxes might suit the occasion. All the cookies, maruku, chocolate placed in their containers and attached with orange ribbon on each one to complement the whole look.Not forgetting an orange butterfly .

Happy Diwali to all who celebrate this festival of light.


This set contained the orange design rangoli fancy cookies.






"Happy Diwali "chocolate cuppies with ganache and topped with fondant and red blossom with silver dregee in the middle.


Another orange butterfly stuck on the orange coloured lid of the other set.






one box ready, aerial view.



colours of rangoli... at least, my version on cookies.














flower and ribbon on the lid


















A set of orange coloured fancy cookies.










closer look on what's inside the box, can be seen in this pic were: a set of cuppies, a bx of home made chocolate and fancy " rangoli" cookies. Underneath were the marukus and cookies and a box of teabags.
Thank you Zah for trusting me with this special gift boxes for the special people associated with the organisation.

just wanna share a few positive comments received via sms:
"zue, ramai puji cantik dan kreatif hasil kerja zue"
" Nice Deepavali hamper,zue.Bravo"









5 comments:

  1. cantik la kak zue..
    sooo nice!!!!!!!!!
    cute sgt2!!!!
    even hani pun teringin jgk nk hamper 2!
    huhuhuhu!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hai hani,
    rasa lama no tak dengaq habaq....thank u. I was surprised with the result gak cos first time buat diwali hamper. alhamdulillah, my friend tu pun suka, bos dia pun suka gak.
    hani pun teringin gak? nanti christmas or chinese new year boleh order, nak buat tema camana ek.....dah mula pikir macam2 dah.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Zue...lama tak mengusik kat sini. nak bagitau, the best maruku in town to me is the one yg kat depan kuil hindu kat simpang jln stadium/bakar bata tu. I used to beli in kilos masa zaman ITM dulu bawak balik kat hostelmates. semua order kat I everytime balik semester break. evergreen punya taste..
    btw, nampak you tak menang tangan betul sejak musim raya, ye? ni mesti penangan mixer bertuah tu. bagus zue! go go go...

    ReplyDelete
  4. hai yus!good to have u back!semalam teringat nak sms you ,baca your comment dlm blog Ja, pastu ralit and duk sibuk ngan orang nak ambik hamper raya, tak ingat dah. maruku tu ada orang kata kat situnyer tak sedap sangat, zue tak pernah makan . I guess people's preferences differ. yang lagi sedap katanya from SP.
    alhamdulillah yus, puasa and raya sibuk bangat.penangan mixer and new cooker sekali dgn oven, (my extra helping hands).nak makan biskut raya ada lagi belen2, kalau nak mai I make you my MCB insyaallah.good to hear from you Yus......how's your dad, wish him well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zue,
    Thanks for the invitation. tempting ni. insyaAllah bila2 ada peluang keluar ke AS, I singgah.Nak plan, memang tak pernah jadi punya. My dad, takde progress banyak. duk senyap terbaring je.Takpe lah, selagi I ada, i jaga lah. Thanks for yr well wishes for him. Maruku yg I cakap tu mungkin dah tak sesedap dulu kut. Maklumlah, I cerita zaman 80's punya. Kut la ni dah pass ke anak pulak, ayag tangan kureng sikit kut...:p
    Dua tiga hari lepas teringat oreo cheesecake you. mcm duk mengidam pulak..tapi skrg I dah kena control budget. Spend on very necessities je. Maklomla chek takdak gaji.Agaknya maid I lagi kaya dari I.hahahha...so, nanti2 lah kalau ada rejeki, I pi la shopping cake dari you...ok, take care...

    ReplyDelete