Monday, October 5, 2009

Mission Accomplished

It took longer than anticipated but the mision was accomplished.
Her buttercream roses captivated me, been eyeing her work and creativity and silently I was making a wish... I wish that one day I could do all that she had done. I wish I could learn from the sifu herself. I tried to find a suitable date or in this case suitable dates for the session. Fasting month was jammed packed and after raya I had a few orders lined up so last weekend was the only time that I could squeeze in and finally the date was set and off I went taking everybody with me , my hubby and the kids.

I am updating this whilst my marble cheese brownies are in the ovens, the washing machine is running and so does the dryer. Not only office workers do multi-tasking but I do too, infact I think double or triple more multi-tasking than them.:-)




My first three tier wedding cake using the steamed buttercream method.



my novelty cake





I've been wanting to do Barbie doll cake and finally I got the chance,


Basketweave cake with a lid and pink buttercream roses.







photocake or edible image of Upin and Ipin.
this chocolate ganache roses is outside the package and since I was there, might as always take the additional class for this.







fancy cookies







last but not least, cupcake deco using fondant.
I not only learn new techniques and making cakes but I also get to make new friends. more on this in the next entry cos a few more marble cheese brownies and cheesecakes and chocolate cakes are waiting for me. Not forgetting ice cream green tea and roasted almond with milk chocolate.
I'd like to thank my sifu Puan liana of lovelianacakes for the tips and the classes . I had an enjoyable and fun time with you and the other fellow bakers/students and not forgetting, Fi, liana's daughter who's been assisting her mother from Day 1., from making coffee to preparing the cupcakes and cookies for her mum to cleaning up. Sejuk perut liana ye......and alsoo your three small kiddos and hopefully Abang is recovering from his fever.






No comments:

Post a Comment