Wednesday, October 7, 2009

MCB dikirim sebagai pengganti diri


She's glad that she found my blog, for I live near her family's house in alor Star. She's in Holland and it's been four years that she celebrated Eid away from her family.
Her wish was to give them a cake "sebagai pengganti diri". as I could recall, we would normally send a card sebagai pengganti diri" but hers is special.
she knew that it was a last minute order but she reallly hoped that i could fulfill her wish.

My reply was that, I could, if it was just simple cake . I could have said no but I couldn't . i was in her situation before, being far away from my family, only the British phone card that connected me and my family, there were no handphone then, no e-mails, no facebook or whatsoever, only telephone, letters, postcards or aerograms.

She wouldn't mind, simple will do as long as she could get the message across, the hari raya wish with the cake to her family in Taman uda. Her niece came to collect the marble cheese brownies on raya eve.

the next day, on early syawal morning, I just opened my e-mails and saw one from Nina, which says something like this,

"Hi Zue,
Salam..
Selamat Hari Raya utk Zue sekeluarga...
Thanks for making my dream comes true.. my family luvsss yr cake..
they sent me pics.. i ckp, looks nice.. depa kata, not only look nice,
but taste seriously nice... blum raya cake dah kena korban....
so, once again, thanks alot, will definately order again from you for
other occasion..

U r welcome Nina. I am just glad that I was able to materialise your dream. Hope it is not too late to wish u and your family Selamat Hari Raya too....

No comments:

Post a Comment