Thursday, August 13, 2009

It was not meant to be....

something's are not meant to be....
Jodoh pertemuan, ajal, maut, rezeki, semuanya telah ditentukan....

Even if, say, an apple is in your hand and you are about to put it into your mouth, suddenly it fell....it's not yours to begin with, the apple doesn't have your name written on it. It could belong to someone else or perhaps in this case, the worm's? because it fell on the ground and I don't suppose anybody is going to pick it up and eat it...

Why am I talking about rezeki. I am referring to this marble cheese brownies. Somebody else ordered it and somebody else ended up having it. It now belongs to a 16 year old Fatin Liyana who celebrated her birthday yesterday, 12th Aug. I was at her mum's office when she asked me if I have any cake ready. she's looking for a birthday cake for her daughter. Told her that i had one marble cheese brownies which supposedly be collected by a friend but she couldn't, because she had to leave for KL on that very day and would only be collecting them on Thursday or Friday. If Fatin's mum didn't mind, she could have this one and I would make another one for my friend. All I did was to write her daughter's name on the marble cheese brownies and voila! A birthday marble cheese brownies for Fatin Liyana.




i 've always like to see the marble cheese brownies's designs before they went into the oven.




Both baked, one for Yong ( supposedly ) but now became Liza's and one for samples and makan2.

thank you liza, my junior from my old school. Wishing Fatin Liyana, happy 16th birthday.May all your dreams come true.

What was I wishing for when i was 16 years old ? I can't remember and I don't remember celebrating birthdays too, because I was away at a boarding school, only went back home during the school holidays which probably didn't coincide with my bithday, even if it did, we wouldn't be celebrating birthdays. The one and only birthday that i did celebrate with my friends was when I was in Standard Six where my Umi made fried bihun ( i think , i still have that photo, somewhere, me in my two pony tails with red bulu ayam), keropok and other dishes. No fancy cakes or cupcakes then, Umi baked the cake, i think. it was so different then, then again, I wouldn't change my childhood for anything else. i had a wonderful childhood despite the deprivation of many things, even though there were no Nintendo DS or playstation or iPod, or handphone or whatsoever, what we had for was each other, me and my family and me and my friends and BEANO books. We used to play 'galah panjang' inside the school compound, ( curi2 masuk ikut lubang bawah pagar), we played ting-ting, batu sembang, masak2, kahwin2, baling bola, panjat pokok jambu and many other adventurous things . here i go again, ramblings.... I guess I'll save my childhood stories to some other time.

No comments:

Post a Comment