Sunday, August 2, 2009

cravings for oreo chocolate cheesecake


"Salam Zue. Boleh ordr oreo cheesecake tak saturday ni? Anak2 balik dr asrama , mengidam"
Mengidam....nasib baik anaknye yang mengidam, bukan Maknyer.....tapi kalau maknyer pun apa salahnyer...
speaking of cravings, I was glad that I didn't crave for the impossible during my three pregnancies.When I was pregnant with my eldest, during the first trimester, the alah2 and muntah2 time, I didn't know what to eat. So we went out for dinner. I didn't know what to order. hubby dearest ordered mee kari. I tasted his and decided to have that for that dinner and guess what ? I was having mee kari for dinner everyday for almost a week!
After a week, I decided that I had enough of mee kari and I changed to something else. I had ketam goreng, just crab with salt and tumeric, fried. Eat them as they were, not even with nasi, this went on for almost a week. I could easily finish more than one kg of fried crab in one go.hubby dearest would go to Kuala Kedah to get the fresh crabs and the sight of the crabs in the plastic bag just so .....undescribable.....goreng and makan or rather ratah panas2, the sweet and succulent crab meat just melted in my mouth. thanx dear for being patient with all my cravings and for being there. I couldn't remember what came after crab......Now, my eldest, Tsara' suka makan ketam, so does my second, Ameer, but not my third, Batrisyia, well, maybe not yet.
My second pregnancy, couldn't remember much about the cravings, only that I had an easy labour....whooosh..out came Ameer Izzat, in less than two hours. He was three weeks early. Just couldn't wait for 1997 to see the world. He's due in january 1997 but came out 2 days before the year ended. So he's a December baby, unlike Kakak who's a January baby. They shared the same due date, 19th January but born on different dates. Coincidentally, my youngest's due date was also on 19th January. Strange but true.
Batrisyia, my youngest, wasn't an easy pregnancy. I couldn't eat, couldn't and wouldn't, just no appetite for anything that I had to be warded and was given berbotol2 air jugak , stayed at the hospital for a couple of days.Difficult labour because of the eight year gap between her and my second one,
But all the pain, all the morning sickness, the stitches, the restless nights was worth it. They are my angels.
Kriiiiiing! Time to check the cake in the oven.
Thanx Yong for this order, yang dah ke sekian kalinya. appreciate it. Hope you and your "mengidam" kids can satisfy your cravings with this scrumptious oreo choclate cheesecake.
Wanna know what I crave for right now? chocolate mousse. again? yup. just couldn't get enough of it.Perhaps I might make some after completing these orders.

gotta go check the cake!

2 comments:

  1. zue,
    memang masa pregnant, kalau mengidam tu, baby yang nak, bukan mak nye..I learnt it thru experience. Bila anak2 dah besar, you boleh relate balik depa punya pattern makan dgn 'style mengidam' masa carrying depa dulu, case by case. I found that it's true in my three cases. See you this saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hai yus,tapi ketam tu i rasa, mamanyer pun hantu jugak seafood, so alasan anak nak makan...hihi.....I rasa betul la u cakap, masa I pregnant Tsara', i rasa i kuat makan kot sebab masa dekat nak bersalin tu, besar gajah you, keluar2, berat dia 3.4 kg.! that big coming out from small me,
    See you.....this 8th!

    ReplyDelete