Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hooi San is 11














She likes the "Tinkerlina" cake ( the lady in green ). So do I. Tinkerlina is sweet, poise and feminine. Her daughter is turning 11 on 25th August, so she decided on chocolate moist cake with Princess like character, not too heavy on the deco and no cream , if possible.





There are so many Princesses around, Princess Aurora ( Sleeping Beauty), Belle ( Beauty and the Beast), Snow white, Cinderella(my all time favourite movie) , Princess Jasmine, Ariel ( Little Mermaid ). The not so real princess but look every inch like a Princess, Barbie, I think it's every young girl's dream to own at least one Barbie doll, or then again, maybe not.

To all mothers, their daughters are their princesses.They are the apple of their eyes, they, or, we, as I am a mother too would dress them up ever since they were little in beautiful and cute clothings and dresses. when you go shoping for little girls' clothes, you would go crazy over the designs, ever so cute and lovely.

So which Princess should I make for her. Since I've been reading a lot of Tinkerbell's stories to my Batrisyia lately, and she , the former, not the latter, has many beautiful and dainty fairy friends at Pixie Hollow and I thot of Rosetta, the garden fairy of Pixie Hollow whose task is to paint flowers. Just to share with you some of Tinkerbell's friends names besides Rosetta:- Fawn, the liveliest one, Iridessa, the radiant one, Silvermist, a water fairy and Vidia, the fastest fairy.

It wasn't as easy as i thought it would be, to make that gorgeous curly locks, the ruffled dress and skirt, the daintiness, well, she didn't look exactly like Rosetta, I just borrowed her dress and her voluptuousness only I guess. her face..hmmm...that's one area that I really......really need to work on, among other things. I am considering of taking another class with a professional cake decorator. A few people have been asking me to arrange classes for them, so I guess I need to equip myself to better able to teach anybody properly.To me, the process of learning is never-ending



I just changed the characters a bit, instead of her other fairy friends I just created a bunny wabbit and a little teddy to be her friends and I created one mushroom or toadstool house with a door and two windows ( inspired by Debbie Brown )for them.

Batrisyia said, "mama, the house is too schmall( small ) for them"
So, mummy said, that's because the house is a bit far away from them, that's why it looks small. " ooohhhhh.."

Annie, the sweet and friendly lady, came over at around 4 pm to collect the cake. I really do hope that she and her daughter Hooi San would like the cake.

Here's Aunty, wishing Hooi San, happy 11th Birthday, may all your dreams come true. When Aunty was your age, we had to sit for our "Penilaian Darjah Lima" which is now called "UPSR" and to be taken when you are in your Standard Six.

To Annie, thank you so much for trusting me with your daughter's birthday cake. Really nice knowing you and your kids.

just saw an sms sent by Annie last night which says,

"Tq for d delicious n beautiful cake. We enjoyed it very much"

such a short and simple message but very meaningful to me. thank you Annie for the kind words.












































the toadstool house









teddy.....

No comments:

Post a Comment