Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Rabbit, massage, nan and chicken tandoori




these bunny wabbits are eagerly and anxiously waiting to come out of their holes, to usher in the new Chinese New Year next week. In less than two weeks, the Chinese people will bid farewell to the Tiger and will welcome the Rabbit.



What's up Doc? Bugs Bunny's famous line. More photos of these cute bunny wabbits later cos I have to go make more rabbits!




I spent the whole night **( not really, up to almost midnite ) and thot I would take a short doze but forgot to ask my kids to wake me up after half an hour and I ended up sleeping until 5 am! there were only 3 bunnies ready and I had to make seven more!took my bath and continued making them . I only had less than an hour , as I had to send my kids to school by 6.45 am, but thankfully I managed to make all 11 ( one spare, just in case ) of them.




** and the whole morning and afternoon getting them ready, all 10 packs with 8 cupcakes in each ( a combination of Devil's Food cupcakes and Red Velvet cupcakes ) . Around six in the evening, knowing and guessing that I might be tired from making the cupcakes, my other half asked if I'd like to get a massage ....macam orang mengantuk disorongkan bantal........




a good one hour of body massage by a Chinese lady masseu ( no, not by my hubby , he himself had a foot massage at the same place ).




What am I getting at? just sharing my thought on 'rezeki'.


coming back from the massage and feeling famished!, hubby suggested that we ate out at one restaurant near our place since if I were to cook it would take quite a while. After freshen up, we decided to change the venue to Nel*yan in Kuala Kedah for ikan bakar, but when we came to the roundabout, we took the first exit to Jalan Teluk Wanjah instead of the second or third exit which could lead us to Kuala Kedah and so we decided to go for ikan tiga rasa at Sala Restaurant at Jalan Alor Mengkudu through Jalan Tanjung Bendahara instead.


Then again, we made a de tour ( all because we had to stop to give way for the train . ). Instead of taking the right to Jalan Langgar, we took a left and entered Jalan Datuk Kumbar! there goes the ikan tiga rasa!




since we were at Jalan Datuk Kumbar, we decided to search for our favourite nan with chicken tandoori place which to our knowledge had moved to a new place and for months we still had no clue to where the new place was. we tried looking for it a few times but unsuccesful . However, last night, we were determined to find it and we drove further up .


"Okay kids, keep a look out on your left and right for this place


Tsara, take the left, Ameer, take the right, whoever spotted the place first will get an extra chicken tandoori!"




we passed the traffic light, the rows of shop with Taman Sultan badlishah mini market on the right, we passed the government Vet place ( where Willie used to have its shots , may he R.I.P ), and suddenly there it was, on our left. Hubby spotted it.




the signage with "Chapati, nan, tandoori" and the familiar scene of chicken tandoori hanging with the men ( err. the man wasn't hanging with the chicken..hehe....)who did it couldn't be more beautiful. We found it! Three plates of chicken drumstick tandoori, one nan each, dhal curry, minced meat curry , sardine and chutney ( for hubby) and we cleared our plate in no time. this was what we call 'rezeki'. It's written that we were going to eat chicken tandoori with nan despite our earlier plan of having rice with ikan bakar or ikan tiga rasa



okay, tandoori aside, got rabbits and cupcakes to make and a daughter to pick up from school. ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment