Friday, June 12, 2009

Zue's Oven is taking a break......cuti2 KL-Melaka-KL-kelantan.

Okay, mama is not taking any orders for next week ( the second week of the school hols), and abah pun free ( making himself available for the kids ), so, where are we going?

Can we go to the museum.....in Melaka, please? , my eldest requested.
( nasib baik mintak muzium di melaka, kalau jauh2... :-) )

So, Melaka, here we come.

the ice cream man .

thought of taking a break from baking and cake deco for a few days and spend some time with the family. My oven, my mixer, my spatula deserve a break too. i may be away from my kitchen and baking, but my mind isn't. Our first stop when we arrived in KL was, to visit B*ke W*th y*n. never been there so thought, why not, I am already here, might as well, drop by and have a look around and get a few things. A few things turned out to be quite a lot.... with rolling pins, gadget for my fondant making, this and that ( belum apa2 lagi, dah nak penuh bonet keter ).

Before checking in and settling in for the nite, we stopped at KLCC and guess where my destination was....kinok*ni*a, the big place full of knowledge, from children's book to my passion, baking and cake deco books, of course.hubby bought me a few books and the most expensive among them was the Martha stewart Wedding Cakes book. I just stared at the cakes in awe and with amazement at how beautiful and gorgeous they are....drool.....droolll.....

Overnite in KL and left for M'cca the next day. More stories in my zue's oven blog. spent some time walking along the shops, bought a few souvenirs ,had lunch at a Holland cafe and finally, we went to the red museum.guess there's nothing much for us to see there ( actually, there are plenty but we were so tired, that we decided to head back to KL. Kita ronda2 KL pulak.Dinner at bukit bintang, the famous nasi ayam and kari kepala ikan place

I love this place, unfortunately, can only see from outside.
The next day,before heading home, singgah where else but IK*A, more baking tools and gadgets .Do you know that they are now charging for the plastic bags? Yes, 20 sen per piece.Singgah di R&R for satay and headed home, well.. not yet actually. we exit at Kuala Kangsar , through Grik ( timur ) towards the Timur Barat highway and headed back to my hometown, just to say hi , so to speak, to see my parents ( lama dah tak balik, nak hilang rindu .... ) .
Reached my abah and Umi's house around midnite and the next day went to S*F for another shopping trip , lunch nasi kak wok at my sister's place, back to Umi's house where she insisted in cooking for us, kari kepala ikan and my favourite fish when I was young, the ikan kerisi goreng ( packed in mangkuk tingkat ) and by 10 pm , we were back in Alor Star, Home Sweet Home.


8 comments:

  1. zue,
    sekejap sangat cuti2 malaysia you...mesti rindu kat oven di rumah pa..? that's why balik cepat, kan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. salam yus,
    tu lah pasai.....pi cuti pun, duk beli barang2 buat kek, beli buku kek, tools and gadgets, actually kan yus, we all tak tahu nak pi mana pun...just to take a break je for a while, ambik angin, tu pun puas tanya baru dapat jawapan nak pi mana.If u ask me I know where to go, tapi kena kumpul duit dulu....

    ReplyDelete
  3. zue, sssyyy..I tau, you tau... kira okey lah tu.tempat tu memang D place for you la zue.....:) kumpul duit cepat2...I pun nak kasi u lagi nanti.
    Zue, I am taking my 1st baby step in pursuing my dreams..harap2 ada ong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yus, story la sikit. you go girl.....mula2 baby step, pas tu merangkak , then tahtih, , jalan then, run ,forest, run...who knows lepas baby step, terus boleh fly...tapi what's your dream, care to share?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha..run forest run. mcm ingat2 lupa cerita zaman tu kat black n white tv.
    my dream? I bg hint. patchwk n quilt...ohhh..i boleh drool tgk patterns yg cantik2 mcm tgk kek you la jugak. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh... I pun suka gak Yus. memang I pun nak buat gak my own quilt, patchwork tapi sampai hari ni, tak jalan, my manik separuh jalan, infact, benang and jarum pun still lekat kat lengan baju tu. ada lah a few helai my projek dah siap....nanti dah buat show me, kay...

    ReplyDelete
  7. insyaAllah Zue.ni baru tgh study (buku) mcmana teknik nak pasang benang kat mesin jahit :)
    bila la nak boleh siap quilt pertama I ni?

    ReplyDelete
  8. every journey starts with a single step, yus and you are moving in the right direction by learning how to pasang benang first :-)
    I wouldn't know how to do it myself!Hubby bought a sewing machine for me, i think dah dua kali puasa, rasanya baru sekali or dua kali guna that machine...hihi....

    ReplyDelete