Saturday, April 11, 2009

Now showing, My first 3D cake, Snow White &The Seven Dolls

The birthday girl, sweet and cute Arisya who keeps humming Happy Birthday when she came with her Ibu to collect her birthday cake yesterday . She celebrated her 3rd birthday on 12th April,today, she is the apple of her Ibu's eyes, her Princess, her sweetheart, her buah hati pengarang jantung, almaklum ,the only girl among 3 brothers.
Photo, courtesy of Arisya's ibu. Thanx Zah for sharing this photo and for allowing me to load it in my blog together with her cake. This means a lot to me . (somehow I don't know how to enlarge this photo, help anyone?)

Also in her e-mail, she wrote this
"Macam Zah kata, Zah memang puas hati dengan persembahan kek Arisya tu. Dari decoration sampailah ke rasanya, memang A++ lah!!Yang pasti ibu Arisya punya impian tercapai. Nak adakan makan-makan yang simple untuk seisi keluarga dengan kek yang diimpi-impikan pada hari ulangtahun Arisya yang ke 3 - maklumlah untuk anak dara Zah yang seorang tu!. Tak sangka kek tu lebih cantik dari yang Zah gambarkan.. "


Now, let's see how this cake is created
the Seven Dolls instead of the Seven Dwarfs

before being transfered on the cake, It took me quite a while to figure out how am going to arrange everything on that tiny space, this being my first experience ever, my first birthday cake after my lesson with my Sifu.

the chocolate cake, after being glazed, layered with chocolate filling and glazed with ganache

The result, bird's eyeview of Snow White and the Seven D.. Dolls , surrounded by sweet pink fondant flowers and big red mushroom with 3 baby mushrooms with Bashful and a rabbit looking on sitting in between the red mushroom and the old wrinkly tree,

Dwarf's eyeview, Ni Snow White ke Sleeping Beauty ni , Snow white with big appetite, waiting for the Prince Charming to kiss her awake, she decided to doze off first ,hi..hi... sebelum orang komen, kita komen dulu.... the Seven Dolls walking back to their mushrom home, look a bit small for them but in cartoon world, nothing is impossible.

The only dwarf that I managed to work on, Dopey and yellow bird before I put on a black dot for the eye .


All the figurines and anything on the cake are handmade except for the seven dolls. ( I bought those before I acquired the new skills using royal icing and fondant). I won't take all the credit because my son helped me with the red mushroom ,the two baby mushrooms and the two birds on top of the yellow mushroom. He seem to be interested in my fondant figurines so I let him try his hands on them.
I remembered when Zah came to me and spelt out her wish a couple of weeks back,

" I want something colourful and very girlish for my daughter's birthday and I want it to be very special "and she showed me some samples to work on. I am thankful for this order because I get to try my newly acquired skill and I really want to give her the best I could even though this is my fist time on 3D cake. I am also thankful that she decided to give me a try because this is her first order and hopefully it won't be her last.....

testimonial from Zah,(via sms), a few hours after she collected the cake:

" Best.. sedap kek. Anak2 semua puji. siap booking utk diri msg2 lg! mmg A++ la kek ni.Puas hati la!! thanks.."

" Yg pasti anak2 dah siap order team bola mana utk dijadikn hiasan kek depa nanti!!" `

Thank you so much Zah for your kind words and support and Arisya sweet Arisya, may you always will be your Ibu's Princess. I hope I have made your day and Arisya's day too...cos you sure have made my day with your sweet comment.....

4 comments:

  1. veyr nicely decorated cake, zue.... !! excellent work ! awakmemang tekun dan rajin... could not imagine the time u spent to complete deco this cake.... i bet the customer is smiling ear to ear when she received this beautifully decorated cake with 3D figures ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hai Daalia, tima kasih sudi singgah and komen, kita appreciate komen from frens, maklumlah kita ni baru belajaq....just spent a few hours each night buat sikit2 and pagi Sabtu assemble, pick up time 3 pm. completed by 12 noon.yang lamanya nak cari idea camana nak susun, my first experience lah katakan. Alhamdulillah, my friend likes it so much, if you read her comments.I am so glad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hye Zue,
    Beautiful work you've done, luv the details,Iam sure the birthday girl must be very happy to got a beautiful cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hye Shashue,
    thanx for dropping by and for the nice encouraging words.Still a lot to learn, I'd love to do the orange cats like yours...so the very the cute....

    ReplyDelete