Thursday, September 3, 2009

"Naruto" Oreo Chocolate cheesecake

What happened to Naruto's 'whiskers'(lines)?
this is what happened when your customer is waiting right in front of you!!!

My first Naruto drawing. It took me hours to come up with all these. It's one of those 'blur' days when you just couldn't come up with anything until the very last minute ( as usual...)It's not a last minute order ( this time this sweet young lady gave me a fews days notice for this oreo chocolate cheesecake) it's just that the nature of this cheesecake ie manja and fragile, need to be chilled all the time, thus making it difficult to do much deco.

It's a wonder to me that i managed to deco one Mothers Day oreo chocolate cheesecake with three pink roses. dunno how I pulled that one but i did, and it turned out unexpectedly gorgeous( that's my opinion and I am entitled to it....:-))


So su, after much contemplation and deliberation and discussion with my kids who are an expert in anime characters, I decided to hand draw Naruto on that piece of fondant.

The teddy.....purple....yes , it's purple month. another purple teddy.

reminds me of Prince's "Purple rain". where is he by the way?I like the other song "When doves cry ". the first time I heard the song was when I was in Shah Alam . There were six of us in that small room, the"Z"s and the "W"s . Ogy would play that song over and over again until it kinda got stuck in my head . It sounded weird at first but then again, what do you expect, it's Prince....

Perhaps the new generation isn't so familiar with Prince. The song "Kiss", ( or another version sung by tom Jones ) the scene from 'Pretty Woman' when edward Lewis Richard Gere came non-knocking on the big hotel bathroom door when Julia Robert was singing her heart out to the tune of Prince's Kiss in the bathtub with a walkman ( hello...perhaps these younger generation didn't even know what a walk man is either, what with the Ipod, MP3, and all,

Don't have to be rich to be my girl,
don't have to be cool to rule myy world,
ain't no particular style,.....
I just want your .......kiss......

I'm quoting this scene because Pretty woman is one of my all time favourite movies. I remembered going into the theatre not knowing what the story was all about and we came out smiling from ear to ear, the story left you feeling warm and happy....and I even memorise some of the dialogues:-),' look, no hands', slippery little suck*rs ( referring to the escargo)

At that time,( Shah alam time with the when doves Cry song ), I was infatuated with Rick Springsfield, I even got a poster of him! Where is that photo of mine standing next to Rick Springsfield's poster? Those were the days, those wonderful days and months at Seksyen 2 shah Alam, followed by another one and a half year in Kelana Jaya.



..... This entry was rather late, it's been 3 days after Abang Bucuk's birthday. sorry su, lambat sikit post entry ni. By the time, I have already received a sweet remarks from su via sms which goes something like this:

"Salam k.zue. thanx ya for that cake. He likes it very much.Tmbh2 dgn purple teddy tu.dia tak bagi kwn2 dia ambik teddy tu, sbb dia kata teddy tu comel, n teddy tu warna purple plak.lg 1, kek tu so delicious! Smpai x blh nk bgn dr meja mkn.Pnya la sdp kek tu! Well done k.zue..thank u very2 much. U make our day......muah2.....

You sure made my day too with these lovely and heart warming comments.I can sleep soundly knowing that the little fondant teddy that I made with my not so tiny fingers and the nod of approval from my Batrisyia ( the usual ,"mama, so chiutnyer......)brings cheers and smiles to others and the oreo chocolate cheesecake satisfies their palete



This tiny cake ( carrot walnut cupcake compliments from Zue's Oven) is made especially for Su., fully covered with fondant and decorated with a few simple colourful blossoms.




the one and only purple teddy ( err...there's another purple teddy on somebody else's cupcakes, who seems to like purple too....)

just look at it, so tiny, so cute,so lovable, so huggable, so adorable...I guess that fits the description of Abang Bucuk?maybe not the tiny part:-)
wishing abang Bucuk, Happy 25th birthday, lucky man to have this sweet girl as his you know what and Su, sweet su, thanks again for sharing this special day via my cake and teddy.


........

2 comments:

  1. Assalamualaikum kak zue...
    hehe... at last... tiap2 ari su bka blog kak zue, nak baca my cheesecake story nih...

    Kak zue, terima kasih sgt2 ya...
    Sampai harini kek tu blm habis lg... Dok ada lg dlm peti ais... hehehe... mkn sikit jek...

    Su sayang kak zue! Eh by the way, batrisya sedaq x kita gerak dia pg tu?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waalaikumussalam Su,
    mintak sori, lambat post, dia kena duduk relax, dgn tenang baru boleh layan nak tulis ni.tapi ini pun tulis in between belek2 fondant.kali ni pink teddies with pink 'ayu' lady dll. kalau nak tunggu masa lapang, tak terlapang lagi....
    batrisyia rasanya tak sedar pun kak zue kejut dia hari tu.dia sambung tidur lepas tu, tak sedar apa pun.
    love u too dear, thanx a heap and take care..

    ReplyDelete