Friday, September 25, 2009

Maaf Zahir Batin

What do i do to make u love me,
what do i do to make u care
.........

sorry seems to be the hardest word.
(these are the words from a song, nothing to do with the entry)

but sorry seems to be the most appropriate word at times
at times when things didn't go as planned,
at times when you tried your very best but somehow things didn't turn out right ,
at times when it is in your best interest at heart to make the best but somehow things happened along the way which hindered you from doing it,
you tried but it wasn't good enough ,
why....because ...things happened for a reason and this happened for a reason too,
.

it happened and you couldn't turn back the clock ,
it's done.....it's history,
but let that be a lesson for the future,
and try not to repeat the same mistake.
Once beaten twice shy.

I had planned it earlier, it's going to be beautiful, I had most of the things ready but somehow on the actual day, things happened, unexpected and unplanned things., and I had so little time to focus on the thing that i had planned earlier.It turned out fine but not the finest. It's raya and on that particular day, a had a steady and nonstop flow of visitors, friends and relatives coming to the house from evening. the first part of the day was filled with an engagement ceremony at a relative's house which we found out only a few days ago .

I had to let it go with a heavy heart, apologising profusely to the sweet young lady. a bitter lesson learned from this. I have heard and read stories about such incidents, fallen tower, cancelled order, name spelt wrongly, etc, etc, I guess, it's part of life...life of a baker and cake decorater if I should call myself, well.....not a pro one but trying passionately to please the cake recipient as that is what matters most.somehow things do and and sometimes don't go as planned and this is one of those "don't". I am not blaming it on anything or anyone because things happened for a reason.

2 comments:

  1. Zue, its true sometimes what we planned it didnt happen, I planned to go back to my hometown on 3rd raya but still iam stranded here, the car giving problem . . . how I miss my parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam shashue,
    sorry that you missed going home. i know how u must have felt. I went back even if it was just for less than 24 hours just to see and salam my parents.went back 2nd raya evening, reached kelate at midnite and by third raya evening dah on the way back to alor Star.
    I hope your car will be ready soon and you can still see them, even if it is later in the syawal.

    ReplyDelete