Saturday, November 19, 2011

it's Aidil Adha


shee saw the turqoise and orange deco cake which I made for Amal recently and she likes it and so she decided to use the same design and colour as the one previously made for my other customer, the one noticeable difference is the writing on the cake. , underneath the turqoise and orange rolled roses and two bees ( odd colours for bees...hehe ) is a rainbow cake,








i thought chinese new year had long gone but what are these rabbits doing here? not just one or two, but.....







forty of them, peeking through the rumput on red velvet cupcakes, these forty rabbit heads had its mystery wwhich will remain a mystery .........jangan biarkan diri anda diselubungi.......misteri....... the machine/ mixer is running, the oven is on with vanilla cake inside and the other has just been turned on, as I am writing this, I can't even find a proper five minute to sit down and write or ramble on my laptop as i'd like to do and so i would 'steal ' thet ime here and there to load the current photos as I haver quite a few backlog....back to my mixer, be right back....

while the K beater is mixing the eggs or incorporating the eggs into the butter and sugar mixture, my head is spinning too, trying to think of the deco for the vanila cake and the two chocolate cakes that I am making now, plus, it's already 12 noon and i am still trying to figure out what to cook for lunch.....

smell that...the lovely vanila smell is lingering in the kitchen , time to check my vanila cake, the oven is just behind me, so no need to walk very far, but come to think of it, with the cakes and brownies that i am making, i think i could easily have walked miles in my little kitchen!





brownies with walnut




ok, the vanila magnolia cake is out of the oven, time to mix in the dry and wet ingredient into the chocolate cake mixture, be right back....

ok, both chocolate cakes are in the ovens, where was I ? lunch? yes, actually i have an invitation to a kenduri " engagement " today, from my customer who came to collect both her cakes and her future fiance, i guess by the time I am writing this, her future mother in law is putting on the engagement ring on her finger at this very moment. As much as I would love to go but I can'tleave the cakes in the oven and furthermore I need to start decorating the vanila cake soon if i were to make it on time for its delivery, another order from the lady in chennai for her
other nephew.


my old schoolmate , who is on the way to Langkawi and who ordered the 40 containers of cupcakes and brownies just make a quick stop here, it's good to see an old friend whom i have not met since, close to thirty years ago.....wow! i am old! and yet I am still listening to Marc Anthony singing "Rain over me", there's something about him and his voice that is addictive..... and sexy......., just like the song, 'My baby You'........

are the reason i could fly,

and because of you,

i don't have to wonder why,

you're the reason i feel so alive.......
( yes you...you know who you are.....)



stomach growling, timer just went off, better start preparing a quick lunch for both Batrisyia and me, my two other kids are in a 3D2Ns motivational camp , and hubby dearest would normally be having his lunch out, but, then again, he could be like the English weather, so unpredictable, he could just walk in and said, "Ma, nak makan.......".....

'


Five different types of cakes , from oreo chocolate cheesecake, to marble cheese brownies, brownies with walnut, rainbow cake ( with the orange and turqoise deco ), and the " rabbits in the hole" red velvet cupcakes , for raya.thank you Za, it's a pleasure making these for you and hope you enjoy the cakes......













No comments:

Post a Comment