Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Cupcake deco history







my very first cupcake deco, July 2008........

Little did I knew that cupcakes would be phenomenal now. I first made ( the ones i did during my school days do not count) my cupcakes was for my daughter's 2nd birthday way back in 1996. Was not a big deal then. As usual I baked other cakes too and I ordered the birthday cake from a local cake shop. Occasionally I would bake " kek permaisuri" the recipe I learned when I was in Form One or two? , subject Sains Rumah Tangga at my school.Wonderful memories there, let's not dwell on that, I could write a whole book on my experience at a boarding school..nasi kawah, book toilet nak mandi, 10.30 off lights! etc, etc....


Again, in 2006, I made muffins and did not have time to bake a big cake for my son's birthday, so we just put the candles on the muffins instead.( I'll post the photo later when I am able to locate where it is.)


Last year I tried Nigela Lawson's basic cupcake recipe, nice but not so nice looking, they had cracks, like a volcano erupting, when suddenly hubby dearest said, " Ma, can you make me 100 cuppies for my office " kenduri kesyukuran" next week. That single sentence was the beginning of my involvement with cupcakes and cupcakes decorating. With those cupcakes, I used as my training ground for my ganache and buttercream deco.So the story goes....

2 comments:

  1. salam zue..apa kabar?..lama tk dgr habaq nie...ok take care dear...

    ReplyDelete
  2. salam ana, sori termiss . habaq baik nooo. the usual, busy kerja, anak, kek, and more kek..buat2 busy....maklum, tak dak maid..you take care too....

    ReplyDelete